Thursday, June 21, 2007

VBS Sonforce Kids Secret Agents!





There is nothing like the sheer joy and excitement of a well-done vacation bible camp experience for kids. Most of my kids attended this year (all except King Henry)in some capacity and all learned about Jesus in a interactive, and fun way. I was more than impressed when my son Nick, quoted from scripture, when Gus was caught singing the songs from the music class, and when Jack confessed that he could not wait to see what was going to happen next during the drama act that was performed each morning.

It's pure joy and sincere acceptance of what is taught with little questioning or doubt. That is what is so great about being a kid. Jesus is not so far away; kids understand very easily that Jesus is real and living among us. It's not until we grow into young adults and are taught to doubt and question that we start to slip, wander, and wonder why we ever believed in the first place. The joy goes away for some reason.

For now though, I'm enjoying the fact that my little ones know Jesus...probably better than I do, and believe what He teaches from their very core. Vacation bible camps reinforce what is already ingrained in their souls. The love of Jesus for them and their innocent love of Him. Are there vacation bible camps for adults? If so, sign me up!

No comments: