Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'll never get anything done.



Life can be overwhelming when you have a new baby. So much attention and care must be directed toward that little baby that all other things, such as laundry, are left to suffer. Today was one of those days: the garage needs to be cleaned out, the laundry needs to be thinned out into what stays and what goes to the thrift shop, a stop to the grocery is needed, dinner for a new mom needs to be prepared, thank you notes need to be written, beds need to be made, those little cobwebs in the corner of the room need to be wiped away, and on and on. You get the picture. So I guess I should get started...right after I rock my baby boy to sleep and then watch him as he sleeps and then play with him and make him laugh that cute little giggle, feed him, rock him back to sleep....and then...oh, shoot. I'll never get that other stuff done when all I'd rather do is be with Henry. I'll worry about the chores tomorrow. Henry needs me today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma:

Dont worry about it, just throw Henry in the wash with the linens and then in the dryer and he will come out sqeeky clean and will have fun going round and round in the dryer. Ha

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

HAAAAAA!