Monday, March 05, 2007

Multi-use cookies

I made some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for the boys as their after school snack today. A perfect snack for a blustery winter day. Jack and Gus busted through the door just as I was taking them out of the oven. After a few minutes of cooling, I announced that the boys could each have two warm cookies to eat. Gus picked up his two cookies and immediately placed them on his cheeks. I was intrigued at his behavior as I watched him rub the big, warm, cookies on his face. With Gus, you never know WHAT the child is thinking, so it was with tentative questioning that I asked:

Me: Gus! Why do you have the cookies on your cheeks?

Gus: (perfect child logic) To keep them warm Mom!

Of course! I should have figured that. What better way to warm your cheeks but with warm, delicious cookies! Lesson learned.

No comments: