Friday, May 18, 2007

Youth Convention

My daughter Rebecca and I are off to our annual Diocesan Youth Covention in Greenville, NC. The theme of the weekend is "Ascention Convention: Live, Laugh, Love". I'll be doing two talks for the youth on the topic of marriage....a good friend, Fr. Scott McCue will be speaking with me. Please pray that the over 1000 young people in attendance will sincerely learn how to Live a life with Christ, Laugh at the devil, and Love with the strength and power that Jesus loves us. See you all on Sunday!

2 comments:

nicole said...

How was it? Did you get some great new ideas? I am no longer volunteering with our youth group, but am aware that they may be significantly changing how they do things (currently a LifeTeen program) and am curious what else is out there. If you have time, please email me. My email is on my profile. Thanks!

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

It was good, not the best. The keynote was fair, but not engaging as what's needed for the young people of today. I'll describe it later on..