Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Love = Reading to your sons!

Well, summer has been humming along over here at the Clemens house, and school begins the end of August (not that I'm counting or anything). It is getting to the point that I am desperately looking for projects or outings that the kids will enjoy and that I will not lose my mind planning. Oh, we've been to the museums, on walks, fishing, swimming, camp, hiking, baking bread, and on and on, but one of my favorite summer things we have done together is READ.

Jack and Gus are totally engrossed in the Percy Jackson book series which begins with the book, "The Lightning Thief". There are a total of 5 books in this series and each one is just as creative and adventure filled as the next. I find myself hurrying the boys to their baths and bed-time routine so that we can meet together in my King Size bed for our reading time. I so enjoy hearing my boys laugh out loud as I read the latest adventure. We even guess what will happen when the foreshadowing of an event occurs in the book. What fun!!

If you are an adult, go and get yourself the first book in the series and read it. You will enjoy it as much as the kids! It is such a pleasure to find a book series that brings all ages in our home together for quality time. Reading time is MY favorite summertime activity with the kids, and I don't even have to leave the house!

No comments: