Thursday, November 17, 2005

Give Me A Break!



We are having dinner at Spanky's Restaurant on Franklin Street.



Would you BELIEVE that John Stossell is 58??? I'll have what he's having! Whoa!

Chris and I had dinner with John Stossell this evening. (What a cool opportunity!) He was speaking on the UNC campus as a distinguished speaker. Since Chris is the faculty representative for the group who invited John, we were invited to the dinner. John Stossell insisted on paying for our dinners which was very generous of him, but considering the fact that the University paid $15,000 for his lecture, he was not short on cash. I, of course, was blubbering around him asking him silly questions about 20/20. Here was one of them:

Me: (with wide eyes) John, I just have to ask you a question about Barbara Walters! She sometimes seems "ticked" at you after your segment. Is she ticked???

John: (frankly) No. She really doesn't get upset.

Me: Can I take a picture with you?

John: Sure.

Me: (blubbering)Thank you! Thank You!



Chris and I at Memorial Hall, waiting to hear JS speak. Front row...

No comments: