Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkin Fun


A couple of fun things to do this holiday:

1. Below is a prayer to say with your family as you carve the family pumpkin:

Pumpkin Prayer


Cut Off The Top:
Lord, open my mind and fill me with
Your wisdom and guidance.

Scoop Out The Yuckies:
Lord, take out all my fussies and frownies
and fill me with your love.

Carve Out The Eyes:
Lord, open my eyes to see all of the beautiful
things You have made.

Carve Out The Nose:
Lord, help me to be a sweet,
sweet fragrance for You.

Carve Out The Mouth:
Lord, help me always speak Your
words of love and kindness.

Place in A Candle:
Lord, let me be a light to others
For You have filled me with Your Light.

Unknown Origin

2. If you have NO desire to get your hands messy with a real pumpkin, here is a virtual PUMPKIN you'll enjoy playing with.

2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

A few years ago we used a similar prayer for our pumpkin carving. I have since lost it, so your post was timely as we are getting our pumpkin tomorrow. Thanks!

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Bia,

I'm so glad it works for you..