Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jack's Trojan Horse



This art piece created by Jack struck me as being special for numerous reasons not to mention the fact that I did not even realize he knew the tragic story of the Trojan Horse. Initially I was surprised at the dull color scheme chosen. Most of Jack's art is filled with color and intensity; but this piece is different in that he mostly used yellows, greens and black. Maybe since Jack knows the story, he chose less than bright colors to set the mood. Secondly, I love the detail of the soldiers pulling at the massive horse with their tangled ropes. The castle gate is their destination and whoa to the group waiting behind the walls. Finally, where we see the innocence of a child's art: The entry gate appears flat on the ground...but the art critic can see what the child artist is trying to convey. This is all very beautiful...this is my Jack's very own creation and tells us so much about his interests and mind. What a beautiful work of art by God..of...my Jack.

2 comments:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

You tell Jack that I think he is amazing as an artist and his perspective is incredible! I love the colors and the fields in the background. He thought of EVERYTHING! It is almost from the view of God looking down! The whole thing is amazing and I think he should draw some more for all of us to enjoy!

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Thanks mama laura...I'll tell him!
You are so sweet!