Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hormonal Moments

OK. I've got to clam DOWN! It could be the rainy weather or the lack of sleep, but the boys have been driving me cra-zy the last few days. Either they've gotten really good at being VERY loud, or I'm having hormonal moments!


Our third floor hold myriads of miniature knight toys, and things similar. For some reason, the boys have decided to 'be closer' to mommy by bringing our three bins FULL of these toys down to the first floor den. There are huge numbers of these little guys at my feet as I walk though the den. The thing is, they've been bringing these plastic bins down for the last week, and I've just about had it! Today, they brought the bins down in a addition to the Stratego game (more pieces). Before I knew it, the boys got bored with all the toys around and started battling with the BINS THEMSELVES!! in the DEN!

Jack: (holding a plastic bin over his head) HYYYY----YAHHHHHH

Gus: (Singing Star Wars Theme.) Dat, dat, dat, dah......dah.....dut.dut.dut........dah..duh

Following the the sounds of battle are crashes, blams, and pows using the bins.

Doorbell rings: Kid at front door asks, "Where's Nick, can he play?" (BANG,CRASH)

Me: Sorry Nick is not here right now, but I'll let him know you came by. (BANG, BANG, SLAP, SCREAM, More Star Wars Singing)

I close door...phone rings....Me: Becca don't answer it. (CRASH, BLASH, OWWWW....MOM! JACK HURT MEEEE!) Ring, Ring, Ring.

Doorbell rings again: Different kid: Is Nick here? Me: No, he's not here right now, but I'll let him know you came by. (CRASH, BLASH, POW!)

I close my eyes, take a deep breath.

Me: OOOOOOOOOO KKKKKKKKKKKKKayyyyyyy! BOYS! That. is. ENOUGH! I want all this stuff picked up back INTO the bins and back upstairs!!!! Do you boys understand me? I mean NOW!!! Go to the third floor and STAY THERE until I say you can come down!!

Jack and Gus: AWWWWWW.


Me: NOW!


After a few minutes of silence, I hear them coming back downstairs...

It was Jack. "Mom, I luf you."

Me: I love you too, Jack....NOW GO BACK UPSTAIRS!!

4 comments:

Just Nancy said...

I only have one boy but I can imagine EXACTLY how you feel! Even with one, he can make a ton of noise and he LOVES to throw his toys, I mean just heave them around the living room. I think I could literally pick up stupid blocks and cars 150 times a day!!!\

Okay, sorry, Georgie, a little worked up myself this morning!

Anonymous said...

Georgie:


Oh, but aren't they just precious.

The thought of seeing them grow up makes me sad. Life would be boring without them.....even for us , their grandparents. We love all of our grandchildren and at least, the parents have little or no time to create a war zone with each other. No time..the kids take it all. At night, you are just thankful for a good night's sleep.

Grandma

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Mom. NO. They are not precious..NOT when they are acting like that!!!

Nancy, maybe we just have too many toys. Maybe we should invest in a really good refridgerator box and let them play "fort" with that! Or just drink more;)

Just Nancy said...

I have taken steps in that directions, actually. Every time I catch him throwing a toy, he loses it. Or if I tell him to do something and he won't, he loses a bunch of toys. So far, three big cars are sitting in our driveway, not counting the ones the adults actually drive, and his box of train pieces is on top of a bookcase. Tonight he lost his big box of blocks for throwing stuff. He told his father that Daddy was big enough to get the blocks down, but Daddy said, "nope."

He is cute though. Check out my entry tonight. He just made me laugh!