Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mardi Gras and Youth Ministry

The youth council and I have been planning a Mardi Gras Dance and Carnival for the larger youth group for the last month or so. This event occurred this past Friday, February 24th. Keep in mind that when I say carnival, I mostly mean that the gym was filled with "kiddie" games like shuffle board, hoola hoops, bowling (with plastic pins), darts, a beanbag toss, henna tatoos and on and on. You would be surprised how much youth "get-into" the silliness of the night. We danced, ate lots of junk food, made our own masks and even crowned a king and queen! We are officially ready for Lent! Here are a few pictures:


The symbols of the celebration!


Yes, that is me in the purple wig with the king of Mardi Gras. It's not my color, but hey, I try to live a little!


The cha-cha slide....a classic!


Jack gets into the act with his own home-made mask! He was a very popular dance partner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read your last posting on Mardi gras. We are at St. Andrews Convent with Sister Gabe. Am trying to place your blog in her favorites.

Love you