Tuesday, May 16, 2006

DaVinci Stuff

There has been much hulabaloo about the impending release of the Da Vinci Code movie. I recently read a poll that indicated that one out of four christians now view the theories presented in the Code book as truth. (ug.)I'll never forget when a parishoner/youth volunteer came up to me and stated, "Can you believe what the church has hidden from us all these years?" I wanted to shake the woman and say..."What?? You actually believe this stuff?" I, for one, have NO intention of veiwing the movie...the book was mediocre enough for me. Instead, I plan to take my kids to see the release of the movie: Over the Hedge

One good way to educate ouselves and others who tend to believe this fiction is to visit the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) which holds a wealth of information about Jesus and the Church. This site answers many of the questions raised by the book. Be sure to check it out before the release!!!

Yet another good resource for insights on how churches are using the Da Vinci Code as a tool to talk about the realities of the Church can be found here

No comments: