Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dinner Bell


I'm thinking that I am completely over the "night sickness" that plagued me the first four months of my pregnancy. In fact, I've been "taking back" some of my normal responsibilities from Chris who (by the way) has done a great job in my absence. I confess that during the first 3 months of my pregnancy, making dinner was a stomach turning sacrifice when I actually rose from my horizontal position long enough to put something together. The sights and smells of raw meat, beans or cheese kept me from making anything more exotic than peanut butter sandwiches with a side of pretzels AND if you you were LUCKY....some sliced apples. Many nights we simply ordered pizza or ate soup. Other nights, Chris would attempt frying some chicken (ewh) or warming leftover pizza.

Oh, but NOW....now...I'm feeling much, much, better and so I want a little credit for making a great dinner tonight consisting of
this and this with some crusty Italian bread on the side, a fresh fruit salad, and cookies for dessert. Everyone loved it; but no one more than my sweet husband who exclaimed, " Oh, it's like I have a wife again!"

No comments: