Thursday, May 18, 2006

Redeemed!

In the comments box of my last post, I mentioned an update bout the bully I confronted in the bagel store. For those of you who did not read it, I'll relay the story here.

This morning, I walked into the bagel store again for my "regular" order. I was alittle nervous wondering if the crazed bully might be there, but he wasn't. Relieved, I walked up to the counter and asked, " Did that crazy guy come back today?" The employee nodded his head and said, "yeah, he showed up this morning and apologized to everyone." I was taken aback. He apologized! Unreal! I sputtered out "He did? Wh...Wh... Well isn't that wonderful!" I turned around and headed toward my car....on cloud nine!

Never, ever, in a million years would I have thought that a man like that would apologize. Never. I had given up on the man. I was sure that he was a lost soul. Not a good bone in his body. But I was wrong. I learned that I am much more condemning of people than my God is. Where I give up on someone, God continues to work His magic. It was a good reminder that we all are "works in progress" and can see God even in the corner bagel store. Amen!

BTW: My bagel tasted extra yummy today!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome!
I bet he went home and thought about what you said all day. I remember when I worked retail we had to watch a training movie about how not to take persoanlly what people like that say. It said that you don't know for sure if that person's dog just died or they got a parking ticket. Whatever they are doing has nothing really to do with you.
I wonder if maybe you helped him come to that lesson and helped him realize that by putting his bad mood on people he was only sharing the misery instead of the hope.
Blessings!

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Good point AC.
God Bless!