Friday, December 23, 2005

Money well spent.

There are many gifts to wrap before Christmas Day. Having four kids with at least 4 gifts each makes for at least 16 gifts to wrap. Add to the equation gifts for grandparents, brother, sister, nieces and nephews there must be at least 30 gifts that await a lovely wrapping paper and bow. As I ran errands today with my mom a sense of dread overcame me and I realized that I still needed to wrap all those gifts. I thought to myself, Do they have to be wrapped? Would it be THAT bad if some of the gifts were simply creatively placed under the tree without wrappping?

Later my sister and her daughter came over to my parents house to visit. After a few hours, Rebecca and her cousin, Kelcie decided that they were bored.

Then the idea struck me....I said, "Girls, I have an idea...how about I pay you guys $5.00 to wrap some of my Christmas gifts?"

The girls excitedly ran off to find tape, scissors and paper. I left to sing for a wedding and to pick up a few things from the grocery store. When I returned, everything was wrapped and placed under the tree ready for Christmas. Thank you God! As I looked closer, I noticed the girls used duck tape on the gifts instead of scotch tape, but hey...it worked.

Money well spent.

No comments: