Monday, March 27, 2006

Hard Choices...updated..with pics...scroll down...

As I've mentioned in a previous post, it is Spring Break. Nick was invited by his good buddies to accompany them on a 12 hour car trip to visit their grandmother in Florida from Wednesday to Sunday. The trip would have included a visit to some Florida Gators sights, visits to the beach, candy from grandma's walk in pantry, and guaranteed boy bonding bonanza...Nick would have LOVED to go, but his father and I decided he was still too young for such a long trip. After many tears, whines, and pleading, Nick realized that our minds could not be changed. He was REALLY disappointed, but took it bravely. It broke my heart to tell him no, but I knew in my heart of hearts that it was the best choice.

After the decision had been made, we tried to sooth our son with a bowl of ice cream, a few popsicles, and a family viewing of Harry Potter 4. All seemed to have passed until I walked into my bedroom after everyone went to bed....and realized Nick had not stopped trying to convince us....there were notes with the scribbled words of a 4th grader saying, "Please let me go." They were on our pillows, desk, rocking chair, bathroom counter, laundry.....everywhere. Awww.

Can I change my mind???


Note on my bed.

Notes on my bench.

Notes on the bathroom floor....and on and on.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That took a lot of time...

Betcha he's still hoping against hope that you'll change your mind.

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

This afternoon he started dusting, wiping and organizing in the hopes that we would change our minds. When that didn't work, he brought his two friends over to the house and all three of them got on their knees and pleaded in unison, " Please let Nick go."

It was painful.....