Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Someone tell me to breathe.....

For the last month, I've been attending meetings for parents who have rising 9th graders in the local high school.

I feel like my first born is going off to kindergarten again. I'm kind of freaking out that she'll be going to a gigantic high school complete with all kinds of freedom, police officers, and tons of courses to choose from.

BUT. WHEN. DID. HIGH SCHOOL. GET. SO. ACADEMICALLY.CHALLENGING!

Geez.

I just took the basic classes, my SAT (once. not the 4 or 5 times they take it now), and went to college.

Now, you have to have a minimum of 5 honors/AP courses in order to get into a North Carolina University, graduate with at least 50 service hours, fit in some cultural arts, foreign language, in addition to sports. I'd have been D.E.A.D...especially when it came to honors science and math...

Rebecca is ready for H.S.

I don't think I am though.

No comments: