Thursday, March 02, 2006

Macho, Macho Man

I really thought about whether I should relay this family story to you. I mean, by not telling you it would somehow give you the impression that these sort of talks never happen to the Clemens 4...and that would be a false representation of what our family is all about. So, out of a sense of honesty and wanting to be "real", I relay this discussion which occurred between my husband and my 5 year old son Gus. Boy talk you may call it......I call it the moment where women can get a glimpse of where the whole male-macho thing starts.....

Gus: Dad, if you buy a horse, theres no way to tell if it's a boy or a girl, no way at all.

Dad: Why do you think that?

Gus: Cause they look just alike.

Dad: Gus if you look between the legs of the horse, and it has a wee-wee, it's a boy horse. Girl horses don't have wee-wees.

Gus: Really?

Dad: Really, girl horses, girl people, girl rabbits, girl squirrels, none of them have wee-wees.

Gus: What about girl pigs?

Dad: No wee-wee.

Really long pause.....

Gus: Dad....... I'm glad I'm a boy.

Dad: Why is that Gus?

Gus: Because I like having a WHOLE body, not like a girl.



Well, there you have it ladies! An innate superiority bred in them long before we ever do or say anthing. Boy.... the psychiatrists would have a field day with Gus. Well, you can''t say the child has a bad self-image. I just hope he doesn't let his preschool girlfriends know WHY he is "WHOLE" and they are not. They may want the proof.....and Gus would show 'em. I can just imagine THAT phone call.

Ahh, the joys of raising boys.

No comments: