Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hoola Boola!

Tomorrow is my son Nick's birthday party. Nick has invited 7 or 8 friends to witness the "double digit" moment in his young life. But when was it that Nick moved from themed parties that have included: Star Wars, Army Men, Knights and Castles, dinosaurs and so on, to what he requested this year: A Luau Party.

Me: Nick, you want a Luau this year?

Nick: Yeah, that sounds great mom. Can I wear a grass skirt and coconut bra?

Me: Huh? You WANT to wear a coconut bra?

Nick: (laughing) Yeah, that would be cool!

OK. So indulgent mom here goes and gets the proper party supplies necessary to pull off a Luau party. Oh, we have totem poles, tiki torches, hula hoops, leis, and tons of food including Hawaiian Pizza! We will be playing games like: Pass the coconut, beach towel musical chairs, coconut tasting contest, hula dancing, and bowling for coconuts. (I may be "coconuts" after this party concludes!) But can I confide in you that my son is absolutely giddy about this party? He's been doing extra chores around the house, complimenting me on my beauty (ha!), thanking me over and over again for dinner. All of this for a Luau party? Man, kids surprise you sometimes.


You can be SURE I will post pictures of the event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very interesting party, indeed... I can't wait to see the pics.

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

chad,

feel free to stop on by..it would make his day!