Friday, October 14, 2005

Rear Window

Gus and I had returned from the grocery store yesterday. Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do merely because I challenge myself to try and save more money than I did the last time I was grocery shopping. You know, on the bottom of your grocery reciept it always lists how much you have saved using your "VIC" card or your "VIP" card. I try and stock up on those "Buy one, get one free" offers. I can really rack up those savings!!

Anyway,I had pulled the SUV into the garage, opened the rear window so that I could get those groceries out and into the house. I LEFT the rear window up and open as well as the garage door since I would soon be back out of the house to get another load. (Are you now guessing what is about to happen?) About that time, Gus and I could hear that Jack was home from school and on his way up the front steps. Gus excitedly ran to welcome his brother home..by opening the garage door for him to enter (he didnt realize that the garage door was already open as well as the SUV's rear window) Long story short, as I heard the garage door CLOSING...I saw myself in slow motion saying...GUS.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Too late! I heard the garage door catch on the rear window straining it, then pop, a crash and then silence.

The garage door is in tact. The rear window of the SUV was in a million pieces.

Gus took off to the 3rd floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Georgie,
I think you should erase your entry in your profile of your Zodiac sign. That is scandalous!
Glad you have a blog. I have one too remember. thewayofthemaster.blogspot.com
Charles

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Charles,

It came along with the free blog. I don't like it either!
Hope you are doing well these days!
Georgie