Friday, July 28, 2006

The Boob Tube

Jack and Gus were playing a video game yesterday and were intrigued by the characters on the screen before them. It is one of those games where at the beginning, you get to choose which character you are and what powers you have. Jack called me over to check out the cool character he had chosen to be. At first I was simply glazing at the screen and barely listening to his excited descriptions of his character. But after awhile I was actually interested in the game and what each character does.

Jack: Mom, my character is a girl and she has fire power.

A girl? I thought to myself. It doesn't look like a girl. But after looking more closely I saw that she was wearing high heels.

Me: Oh, yeah, I see now that she is a girl Jack. She is wearing high heels. At first I couldn't tell.

Jack: (matter of factly) No mom, you can tell she's a girl 'cause she has boobs.

Me: Really? I didn't notice! (Oh, and where DID he learn that boobs word??)

I looked closer.

The character did indeed have a couple of bumps there. I guess I need to pay more attention to these little details.

No comments: