Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Fun Quiz..

What Kind of Catholic Are You?

I thought the quiz sized me up perfectly:

You Are a Divine Office (Moderately Traditional) Catholic
The Second Vatican Council was much needed, as far as you're concerned, but you see no reason to push the church further in the direction of change, as many progressives urge. You like the dynamic combination of the traditional approach toward doctrine with the opening of the church to the world that Pope John Paul II (your favorite pope) represented. As far as liturgy is concerned, a reverent Mass in the vernacular is your favorite, as is a vernacular hymn with a feeling for the transcendent such as "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence." When Nicole Kidman returned to her childhood Catholicism and regular Mass attendance, you were thrilled.


HT:Another Catholic Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know--maybe I'm more traditional than I thought. Or maybe some of my acquaintances are so traditional as to be off Beliefnet's scale... I scored as a:

You Are a Daily Rosary (Very Traditional) Catholic

You'd like the church to revive the time-honored devotions, liturgical practices, and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council—and you're hoping that Pope Benedict XVI will lead the church in exactly that direction. Your favorite hymn is probably a traditional Latin composition such as the "Panis Angelicus," and your favorite pope is probably a pioneer of the Church's great liturgical tradition such as Gregory the Great. You loved "The Passion of the Christ."

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Well, THAT was a surprise!(sarcasm) I would have never guessed you were very tradi. I wonder where Chris would land? duh.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...where would Chris land? Maybe as a:

You're a Revive the Spanish Inquisition Catholic?

Amy said...

You know your answer sounds a lot more like me, lol. I must be in between the tadi and yours!