Friday, April 07, 2006

Chad worship

Gus (5 years old) and I had a short conversation about a single male friend of the family:

Gus: Mom, Chad does not have a wife.

Me: That's true Gus. He's not married.

Gus: (pausing for about a minute) I'm going to be like Chad.

Me: Gus, you don't want to get married?

Gus: No, I don't like girls.

Me: Well, daddy married me, and I'm a girl.

Gus: (pause) Yes. Well. They also take your picture when you get married, and I don't like taking pictures.

Me: Oh. O.K. But you don't HAVE to have your picture taken at the wedding, if you don't want to.

Gus: I just want to be like Chad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll tell Gus, "I just want to be like you."

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

Great. I'll make a note of it and let Gus know your message.

Amy Anne said...

Gus could do a lot worse... Ben & I are big Chad fans too!

Georgie Tamayo Clemens said...

amy anne,

Great minds think alike....