The word is getting around that we're expecting a 5th child. I'm always amused at people's reactions when they find out. I promised myself that I would write some of these reactions down, so this is the theme of today's post. To be accurate, the vast majority of people are sincerely happy for us, but every now and then I get the stunned, crazed look that's accompanied by a silly question or phrase. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Are you crazy? (my personal favorite)
2. Well, if you are happy, then I am happy
3. So... how do you feel about that?
4. Was it planned?
5. Oh. Did you know our donkey is pregnant too?
6. Could you repeat that?
7. I'm glad it's you and not me
8. How old are you?
9. Does your husband know?
10. Haven't you figured out what causes that yet?