Friday, January 13, 2006

Sabotage!

I've returned from a much needed trip to the gym.

I hadn't been to the gym for a couple of weeks now and knew it was time to get back into that routine for the new year. I was chugging along on the elliptical, watching Good Morning America, reading junky trash magazines (Angelina and Brad)and thinking about the next few things I needed to get done for the day. It was a good workout where I burned around 600 calories. A good start for the year.

Gus came out of the nursery and said, "Mom, can we go next door and get a little snack?" I thought to myself, Oh no. They have those yummy blueberry scones over there...giant sized...with the powdered sugar all over the top...juicy blueberry's inside. I CAN withstand the tempation!

We went in the cafe and Gus got his regular snack and was happy. I got an unsweetened ice tea and was NOT happy. The scones were calling me: Geeeoorrggiieee...commmmme annd eeeat meeeeeeeee! Yoouuuuu jussssst exeercccissed ssoooooo itttt wwwooonn'tt ccouuuuunt! The owners of the cafe have those big blue scones next to the register and I bought one. And I was Happy like Gus! But only for a moment.

So I've eaten half of the scone and I feel guilty. I should have withstood the temptation. Lent is around the corner, so I must start practicing some SELF-CONTROL.

It sure was good though.

No comments: